Last Updated October 1, 2023
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy notice explains our collection, use, and disclosure of personal data. This privacy notice applies to Roboto Technologies, Inc. (“Roboto”) and your use of our websites, software, and other products and services (“services”). In providing our services, we process personal data of consumers or end-users at the direction of our enterprise customers. When we do, we do so as a service provider or a “data processor” to those organizations, but we do not control and are not responsible for the privacy practices of those organizations. This privacy notice does not apply to personal data we process as a service provider or data processor on behalf of our enterprise customers. If you are a consumer end-user of one of those organizations, you should read that organization’s privacy notice and direct any privacy inquiries to that organization.
Table of Contents
1. Personal Data We Collect
The personal data we collect depends on how you interact with us, the services you use, and the choices
We collect information about you from different sources and in various ways when you use our services, including information you provide directly, information collected automatically, information from third-party data sources, and data we infer or generate from other data.
Information you provide directly.
We collect personal data you provide to us. For example:
- Name and contact information. We collect name, username or alias, organization information, and contact details such as email address, postal address, and phone number.
- Payment information. If you make a purchase or other financial transaction, we collect credit card numbers, financial account information, and other payment details.
- Content and files. We collect the photos, documents, or other files you upload to our services; and if you send us email messages or other communications, we collect and retain those communications.
- Account access information. We collect information such as a username or account number in combination with a password, security or access code, or other credential that allows access to an account.
Information we collect automatically. When you use our services, we collect some information automatically. For example:
- Identifiers and device information. When you visit our websites, our web servers automatically log your Internet Protocol (IP) address and information about your device, including device identifiers (such as MAC address); device type; and your device’s operating system, browser, and other software including type, version, language, settings, and configuration. As further described in the Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies section below, our websites and online services store and retrieve cookie identifiers and other data.
- Geolocation data. Depending on your device settings, we collect non-precise geolocation data when you use our services.
- Usage data. We automatically log your activity on our websites, apps and connected products, including the URL of the website from which you came to our sites, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, and other details about your use of and actions on our website.
Information we create or generate. We infer new information from other data we collect, including using automated means to generate information about you. For example, we infer your general geographic location (such as city, state, and country) based on your IP address.
Information we obtain from third-party sources. We also obtain the types of information described above from third parties. These third-party sources include, for example:
- Data brokers. Data brokers and aggregators from which we obtain data to supplement the data we collect.
- Third-party partners. Third-party applications and services, including social networks you choose to connect with or interact with through our services.
- Co-branding/marketing partners. Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Service providers. Third parties that collect or provide data in connection with work they do on our behalf, for example companies that determine your device’s location based on its IP address.
- Publicly available sources. Public sources of information such as open government databases.
When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. And you may use web browser or operating system controls to prevent certain types of automatic data collection. But if you choose not to provide or allow information that is necessary for certain services or features, those services or features may not be available or fully functional.2. Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies
Cookies are small text files placed by a website and stored by your browser on your device. A cookie can later be read when your browser connects to a web server in the same domain that placed the cookie. The text in a cookie contains a string of numbers and letters that may uniquely identify your device and can contain other information as well. This allows the web server to recognize your browser over time, each time it connects to that web server.
We, and our analytics partners, use these technologies in our websites, apps, and online services to collect personal data (such as the pages you visit, the links you click on, and similar usage information, identifiers, and device information) when you use our services, including personal data about your online activities over time and across different websites or online services. This data is used to store your preferences and settings, enable you to sign-in, analyze how our websites and apps perform, track your interaction with the site or app, develop inferences, combat fraud, and fulfill other legitimate purposes. We and/or our partners also share the data we collect or infer with third parties for these purposes. What controls are available?
There are a range of cookie and related controls available through browsers and elsewhere. See the Choice and Control of Personal Data
section below for details. 3. Our Use of Personal Data
We use the personal data we collect for purposes described in this privacy notice or as otherwise disclosed to you. For example, we use personal data for the following purposes:
- Product and service delivery. To provide and deliver our services, including troubleshooting, improving, and personalizing those services.
- Business operations. To operate our business, such as billing, accounting, improving our internal operations, securing our systems, detecting fraudulent or illegal activity, and meeting our legal obligations.
- Product improvement, development, and research. To develop new services or features, and conduct research.
- Personalization. To understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our services.
- Customer support. To provide customer support and respond to your questions.
- Communications. To send you information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Marketing. To communicate with you about new services, offers, promotions, rewards, contests, upcoming events, and other information about our services and those of our selected partners (see the “Choice and Control” section of this statement for information about how to change your preferences for promotional communications).
We combine data we collect from different sources for these purposes and to give you a more seamless, consistent, and personalized experience.
4. Our Disclosure of Personal Data
We disclose personal data with your consent or as we determine necessary to complete your transactions or provide the services you have requested or authorized. In addition, we disclose each of the categories of personal data described above, to the types of third parties described below, for the following business purposes:
- Public information. You may select options available through our services to publicly display and disclose your name and/or username and certain other information, such as your profile, demographic data, content and files, or geolocation data.
- Service providers. We provide personal data to vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we’ve hired to provide customer service support or assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal data to provide those functions.
- Financial services & payment processing. When you provide payment data, for example to make a purchase, we will disclose payment and transactional data to banks and other entities as necessary for payment processing, fraud prevention, credit risk reduction, analytics, or other related financial services.
- Corporate transactions. We may disclose personal data as part of a corporate transaction or proceeding such as a merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or a transfer, divestiture, or sale of all or a portion of our business or assets.
- Legal and law enforcement. We will access, disclose, and preserve personal data when we believe doing so is necessary to comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement, national security, or other government agencies.
- Security, safety, and protecting rights. We will disclose personal data if we believe it is necessary to:
i. protect our customers and others, for example to prevent spam or attempts to commit fraud, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;
ii. operate and maintain the security of our services, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
iii. protect the rights or property of ourselves or others, including enforcing our agreements, terms, and policies.
Third party analytics companies may also collect personal data through our website and apps including identifiers and device information (such as cookie IDs, device IDs, and IP address), geolocation data, usage data, and inferences based on and associated with that data, as described in the “Cookies” section of this statement.
Please note that some of our services also include integrations, references, or links to services provided by third parties whose privacy practices differ from ours. If you provide personal data to any of those third parties, or allow us to share personal data with them, that data is governed by their privacy notices.
Finally, we may disclose de-identified information in accordance with applicable law.
5. Choice and Control of Personal Data
We provide a variety of ways for you to control the personal data we hold about you, including choices about how we use that data. In some jurisdictions, these controls and choices may be enforceable as rights under applicable law.
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can go to your browser settings to learn how to delete or reject cookies. If you choose to delete or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our website. If you choose to delete cookies, settings and preferences controlled by those cookies may be deleted and may need to be recreated.
These choices are specific to the device or browser you are using. If you access our services from other devices or browsers, take these actions from those systems to ensure your choices apply to the data collected when you use those systems.
Communications preferences. You can choose whether to receive promotional email or phone communications from us. If you receive promotional email from us and would like to unsubscribe, you can do so by following the directions in that message or by contacting us as described in the “Contact Us” section below. If you receive a sales call from us, you can ask to be placed on our do-not-call list. These choices do not apply to certain informational communications including surveys and mandatory service communications.
Email web beacons. Most email clients have settings that allow you to prevent the automatic downloading of images, including web beacons, and the automatic connection to the web servers that host those images.
European Data Protection Rights. If the processing of personal data about you is subject to European Union data protection law, you have certain rights with respect to that data:
- You can request access to, and rectification or erasure of, personal data;
- If any automated processing of personal data is based on your consent or a contract with you, you have a right to transfer or receive a copy of the personal data in a usable and portable format;
- If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you can withdraw consent for future processing at any time;
- You can object to, or obtain a restriction of, the processing of personal data under certain circumstances; and
To make such requests, please use the contact information at the bottom of this notice. Note that if you have an account with us, you may update and correct certain profile information. You may also delete your account from your account settings page.
We rely on different lawful bases for collecting and processing personal data about you, for example, with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the services you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfil other legitimate interests.
Except for the automated controls described above, if you send us a request to exercise your rights or these choices, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a fee or decline requests in certain cases. For example, we may decline requests where granting the request would be prohibited by law, could adversely affect the privacy or other rights of another person, would reveal a trade secret or other confidential information, or would interfere with a legal or business obligation that requires retention or use of the data. Further, we may decline a request where we are unable to authenticate you as the person to whom the data relates, the request is unreasonable or excessive, or where otherwise permitted by applicable law.
When we are processing data on behalf of another party that is the “data controller,” you should direct your request to that party. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, but we encourage you to first contact us with any questions or concerns.6. Retention of Personal Data
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to provide the services and fulfill the transactions you have requested, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and for other legitimate and lawful business purposes. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different services, actual retention periods can vary significantly based on criteria such as user expectations or consent, the sensitivity of the data, the availability of automated controls that enable users to delete data, and our legal or contractual obligations.7. Transfers of Personal Data
The personal data we collect may be stored and processed in your country or region, or in any other country where we or our service providers process data, some of which may have laws that offer different levels of data protection than the country in which you reside. We take steps to process and protect personal data as described in this statement wherever the data is located.8. Security of Personal Data
We take reasonable and appropriate steps to help protect personal data from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. To help us protect personal data, we request that you use a strong password and never share your password with anyone or use the same password with other sites or accounts.9. Changes to this Privacy Notice
We will update this privacy notice when necessary to reflect changes in our services, how we use personal data, or the applicable law. When we post changes to the statement, we will revise the "Last Updated" date at the top of the statement. If we make material changes to the statement, we will provide notice or obtain consent regarding such changes as may be required by law. 10. Contact Us
If you have a privacy concern, complaint, or a question for Roboto Technologies, Inc., please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Roboto Technologies, Inc.
2101 N 34th
Street, Suite 195
Seattle, WA 98103